Bottled Water Is Still A Scam.
- It’s worth reiterating that Aquafina and Dasani are just tap water.
- Fiji Water produces more than a million bottles a day, while more than half the people in Fiji do not have reliable drinking water.
- If the water we use at home cost what even cheap bottled water costs, our monthly water bills would run $9,000.
- 24% of the bottled water we buy is tap water repackaged by Coke and Pepsi.
- The bubbles in San Pellegrino are extracted from volcanic springs in Tuscany, then trucked north and injected into the water from the source.
- We pitch into landfills 38 billion water bottles a year—in excess of $1 billion worth of plastic.
- Worldwide, 1 billion people have no reliable source of drinking water; 3,000 children a day die from diseases caught from tainted water.
- We’re moving 1 billion bottles of water around a week in ships, trains, and trucks in the United States alone. That’s a weekly convoy equivalent to 37,800 18-wheelers delivering water.
Gasoline is profoundly cheap in comparison with bottled water. ;-)